Approval Sheet

CITY OF GILLETTE
P.O. Box 3003
201 E. 5th Street
Phone (307)686-5200
CITY OF GILLETTE


www.gillettewy.gov

 
DATE: 7/16/2019 7:00:00 PM
SUBJECT:
Council Consideration of a Professional Services Agreement for Engineering Services for the Gillette Regional Water Supply Project - Rozet Ranchettes Connection to HDR Engineering, Inc., in the Amount of $63,476.00. 
BACKGROUND:

This project will provide the design, bidding, and construction phase services for a regional connection for the Rozet Ranchettes Improvement and Service District (ISD). HDR will design the necessary pipeline starting at the stub out left from the Gillette Madison Pipeline Project, Contract 4C, to the Rozet Ranchettes ISD connection point. There will also be a control building, valves, and other necessary appurtenances.

The City of Gillette was notified in May, 2019, that the Rozet Ranchettes ISD received an Administrative Order from the Environmental Protection Agency (Docket No. SDWA-08-2019-0018) for violating the maximum contaminant level (MCL) for flouride of 4.0 milligrams per liter (mg/l).  This connection to the GRWSP will provide them the necessary source of water to bring their system into compliance with the fluoride MCL.

Enclosed separately is a copy of the Water Service Agreement that was executed in June 2015 between the City of Gillette and Rozet Ranchettes ISD.

ACTUAL COST VS. BUDGET:

HDR's fees for this project will be $63,476.00 and includes bidding and construction phase services.

This project is funded through a combination of grant funding from the Wyoming Water Development Commission, which will cover 67% of the cost, and CAP Tax, which will cover the remaining 33%.

Budget Account No.: 301-70-72-441-70-47417

Project No.:18UT02

SUGGESTED MOTION:
I Move for Approval of a Professional Services Agreement for Engineering Services for the Gillette Regional Water Supply Project - Rozet Ranchettes Connection to HDR Engineering, Inc., in the Amount of $63,476.00. 
STAFF REFERENCE:
MAP - Michael H. Cole, P.E., Utilities Director
ATTACHMENTS:
Click to download
Map
Agreement
2015 Rozet Ranchettes ISD Water Service Agreement