Approval Sheet

CITY OF GILLETTE
P.O. Box 3003
201 E. 5th Street
Phone (307)686-5200
CITY OF GILLETTE


www.gillettewy.gov

 
DATE: 9/3/2019 7:00:00 PM
SUBJECT:
Council Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing Utilities Department Staff to Submit a Level III Grant Application on Behalf of the City of Gillette in the Amount of $3,077,999.12 to the Wyoming Water Development Commission (WWDC) for Projects to Extend Regional Water Service to Existing Improvement and Service Districts and Other Water Systems Collectively Referred to as "Water Districts" Located Within the Designated Service Area as Established by the December 21, 2010, City/County Joint Powers Agreement for the Gillette Regional Water Supply Project.
BACKGROUND:

The City of Gillette has received grant funding for four sets of projects so far to connect water districts within the Designated Service Area (DSA).  Priorities One through Four have been fully funded for both design and construction, with the construction being complete on all the Priority One connections, Rock Road (Priority Two), and Buckskin (Priority Four).  The remaining connections are either in design or under construction.

This grant application is for design, right-of-way acquisition, and construction funding for the Priority Five connections, which includes the Airport and Means water districts.

ACTUAL COST VS. BUDGET:

To date, the City of Gillette has received $12,935,690.00 in grant funding from the WWDC to cover 67% of project costs to connect water districts to the Gillette Regional Water Supply Project.  The remaining 33% of project costs are covered by the Capital Facilities Tax.

This grant application seeks to increase grant funding by $3,077,999.12 for a total grant allocation for district extension projects of $16,013,689.12.

SUGGESTED MOTION:
I Move for Approval of a Resolution Authorizing Utilities Department Staff to Submit a Level III Grant Application on Behalf of the City of Gillette in the Amount of $3,077,999.12 to the Wyoming Water Development Commission (WWDC) for Projects to Extend Regional Water Service to Existing Improvement and Service Districts and Other Water Systems Collectively Referred to as "Water Districts" Located within the Designated Service Area as Established by the December 21, 2010, City/County Joint Powers Agreement for the Gillette Regional Water Supply Project.
STAFF REFERENCE:
Michael H. Cole, P.E., Utilities Director
ATTACHMENTS:
Click to download
Resolution
Map